The Readiness Level
Working with the National Youth Agency, the Scouts have put together a framework which outlines how we can get back together safely.
England is currently on the Amber readiness level.
So what does it mean?
- The amber level means that restricted size group sessions can take place outdoors – with the exception of residential (nights away) activities
- A red level means all face-to-face Scouting activities cannot take place
- A green level means Scouting can resume as normal
Ensuring our records are up to date
We need to ensure that we have the correct details for all of our members in case we need to contact you in the event of one of our members, or their bubbles have been contacted by Track and Trace, or have a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
Please use our parent portal to confirm that the details we hold are correct.
If you don’t have access to the Parent Portal – please ask your leader to set you up an account.
Agreeing to our Code of Conduct
We require all our members to agree to our code of conduct before they can become a member of our Scout group, and we have updated our conduct to reflect COVID-19 specific changes.
We ask that both you and your young person read our code of conduct, and notify us of your agreement using the parent portal on the Online Scout Manager.
Your young person must not attend
- if they have any COVID-19 symptoms
- if they’ve been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within the previous 14 days
You must let us know
- if your household is self-isolating due to a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 diagnosis
- if Track and Trace have contacted you and have advised you to self-isolate
We ask that you contact our Group Scout Leader – Lisa Langton (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the earliest available opportunity.
To protect the safety of all our members, we will close the group for a minimum of 14-days if a member has a confirmed diagnosis – or we are advised to by the relevant authorities.
This means that we may have to cancel group meetings at short notice – we will notify you on social media and our website immediately.